In the interest of full disclosure, it is hereby decreed that this bike is officially on the block as of right now:
- 1965 Honda CB77 (Superhawk). Reg says 1968, but the wiring harness says 1965.
- It’s original white (rare). The paint is not as nice as the picture makes it seem. There are lots of little dings and little touch up jobs.
- The bars and cables are mostly wrong. Charlie laughed a little at them as he identified the various bikes they came off of.
- New battery, and it charges just fine, which is good because....
- The kickstart lever is off. I have the lever, and it sure is pretty, but the cam it attaches to is stripped. Charlie says this isn’t as hellish a fix as I thought it would be.
- Tires could stand to be replaced, although I’ve ridden on the freeway with them and not died.
- Comes with an extra rear wheel (I think the P.O. bought this to have a better brake drum, but never put it on) and two extra coils (I don’t know if they work).
- Also comes with rebuild kits for the carbs.
- Everything works, including the tach, speedo, lights, and the column lock (I have a key for it).
- You can ride this as is (I do) or dump a few hundred bucks in and make it a pretty nice O.G. bike.
- Registration is good through July of 2007. Yes. It’s registered. And titled in my name. Praise Jesus.
I'm NOT SHIPPING it. San Francisco's nice. Make a trip out here and pick up your bike.
Originally posted on pop.vox.com